The sixth edition of the Digital India Awards witnessed many firsts, the most prestigious being the conferring of the awards by the Hon'ble President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind. The awards ceremony was held in the presence of Hon'ble President from Rashtrapati Bhawan, and several awardees in Vigyan Bhawan along with some awardee teams participating online from various locations across India due to the prevailing global pandemic. 22 teams were awarded across six categories & two Jury Choice awards were also conferred. These 24 digital initiatives contributed richly to make the lives of citizens better, safer & happier.
|NIC WebCast - https://webcast.gov.in/digitalindiaawards|
|NIC YouTube - https://youtu.be/OTilzXjs1_Y|
Three Awards - Platinum Icon, Gold Icon and Silver Icon have been conferred in six categories. Additionally, Two Jury Choice awards have also been conferred.
- Innovation in Pandemic
- Excellence in Digital Governance - MINISTRY/DEPARTMENT (Central)
- Excellence in Digital Governance - STATE/UT
- Excellence in Digital Governance - DISTRICT
- Open Data Champion
- Exemplary Product
- Jury Choice
Innovation in Pandemic
To felicitate a Government Entity which has developed outstanding and innovative and digital solution to enable the citizens undertake various activities with ease during the time of pandemic in areas like communication, health, education, travel etc. or to ensure continuity of government services.
- Platinum Icon : eSanjeevani - National Telemedicine Services
- Gold Icon : COVID-19 Sample Collection Management System
- Silver Icon : Aapda Sampoorti Portal
- Silver Icon : Pravasi Shramik and Rojgar Setu Portal
Excellence in Digital Governance - MINISTRY/DEPARTMENT (Central)
To felicitate a Ministry or Department of the Government of India which has a comprehensive digital presence and displays a high level of Intra/Inter Department Integration in its digital initiatives. Integration with electronic authentication, digital payments, & use of emerging technologies such as Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Internet of Things, Natural Language Processing, Voice User Interface, Big Data & Analytics, Virtual Reality etc are also assessed.
- Platinum Icon : eCommittee Supreme Court of India, Department of Justice
- Gold Icon : Department of Posts
- Silver Icon : Department of Fertilizers
- Silver Icon : Department of Land Resources
Excellence in Digital Governance - STATE/UT
The Award acknowledges the State/UT of India that displays exemplary initiative in establishing comprehensive digital presence in sectors like health, labour, finance, social justice and environment leading to the accomplishment of sustainable development goals. Use of emerging technologies such as Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Internet of Things, Natural Language Processing, Voice User Interface, Big Data & Analytics, Virtual Reality etc are also assessed.
- Platinum Icon : Haryana
- Gold Icon : Tamil Nadu
- Silver Icon : Uttar Pradesh
- Silver Icon : West Bengal
Excellence in Digital Governance - DISTRICT
To reward the accomplishments of the District administration which has displayed exemplary focus on providing comprehensive information to the citizens in the regional language. Entries must display the spectrum of coverage highlighting the important facets of the district in terms of tourism, art, culture, handicraft and access to utilities.
- Platinum Icon : Khargone, Madhya Pradesh
- Gold Icon : Changlang, Arunachal Pradesh
- Silver Icon : Kamareddy, Telangana
Open Data Champion
Open Data Champion Award is to acknowledge the Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations/ States for proactive, timely and regular release of datasets/resources through Web Services/APIs on the Open Government Data (OGD) Platform (https://data.gov.in) in compliance with the National Data Sharing and Accessibility Policy (NDSAP).
- Platinum Icon : Department of Health and Family Welfare
- Gold Icon : Research Data Management in ICAR
- Silver Icon : Food Corporation of India
- Silver Icon : Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
The award honours those products that have made their mark in the field of Digital Governance. The product must have shown high degree of replicability, scalability and must be successfully implemented by government departments / entities. Aspect of Digital security will be a primary criterion of evaluation.
- Platinum Icon : Port Community System PCS1x - National Maritime Single Window
- Gold Icon : ServicePlus
- Silver Icon : Integrated Temple Management System - ITMS
Jury Choice award honours excellence in design and implementation of National Public Digital Platform.
A visual journey through some important moments of presentation ceremony of the Digital India Awards 2020